Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Night on the Town

 
This handsome man and I got to go out and let loose a little last night. It could not have come at a better time. The newborn craziness is starting to settle down a little more each day, and it was time for Eric and I to re-connect. Through the newborn stage, you are doing everything you can to stay above water, and better yet, to stay awake. It's easy to drift apart a little while everyone adjusts to the new roles in the family.
 
We were honored to receive an invitation to a beautiful couples wedding and after locking down our baby sitters, Grandma and Grandpa came into town, we started a countdown. It had been quite a while since we have gotten out on our own and we were both so excited to get a little breathing room. More importantly, I was excited to get dressed up, put makeup on, and actually wash and style my hair.
 
 
It is so unbelievable that in just 4 months, Eric and I will be celebrating 5 years of marriage. It seems like just yesterday we were standing face to face making promises to each other. Promises that we have upheld and cherish dearly. I just sat in the church pew in awe, reminiscing about the last 5 years. How far we have come, what we have accomplished and how full of joy our life is. We are incredibly blessed to have 2 healthy children, a roof over our head, food on the table and endless love. At times thing have been tough, but we always bring it back together and are stronger than ever. It's amazing to be a witness to the beginning of another couples journey. To have been where they are and where they are heading. My wish to all new couples is a lifetime of happiness, and the ability to take things lightly. One thing that the Pastor said that will stick with me forever is, "you need to be able to forgive your spouse. In forgiving your spouse, you open yourself up to a whole other level of vulnerability." Those words couldn't be more true. Being able to forgive and move on will keep your marriage strong, and healthy. Obviously, I am no expert, but I do know that as long as you are a team, you can conquer anything.  
 
(dress from Forever 21)
 
We laughed, we danced, we ate! We were surrounded by great people and had an amazing time. The next countdown has begun and on July 4th, we will be in Eric's brothers wedding and ready to dance the night away again, but this time with our boys :)
 
 
You can follow me on:
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Well written, Jamie! You and Eric have a precious family, and I enjoy having these glimpses into your lives that I would not otherwise have. It's heartwarming to see the wisdom you have already gleaned from being a young wife and mother...I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Aunt Angie!

    ReplyDelete