Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Looking through your child's eyes

Yesterday, Eric took the day off and we took Kilian to the Dallas Aquarium. I have been extremely sentimental as we near the arrival of our newest family member. I can not wait to meet our new baby but Kilian will forever and always be my first baby. I am in awe of the little boy he has become and seeing him learn and enjoy new experiences is something I will always cherish.
 
I am so happy Eric took a weekday off so we could do one last family of three outing. We got ready early and got to the aquarium as soon as it opened. It could not have worked out better. Kilian's eyes lit up at the sight of all the new animals and fish. It was slow and quiet so we really got to soak it all in and take our time. I will always be in awe of the relationship Eric and Kilian have. That boy loves his daddy. Taking a step back and photographing the two of them has become one of my favorite things to do. I am incredibly blessed and thankful for the father and husband he has become.
{t h e s e   t w o !}
 
I have to say that one of the best parts was seeing the otter. That cute little thing just swam back and forth and scared Kilian every time. I will never forget his reactions, but just in case, I got some pretty great photos of it.
Poor guy! In the end though, we doubled back and by then Kilian had warmed up to the playful otter and was laughing and hollering at him as he swam back and forth.
 
It truly is an amazing thing to step back and see the world through your child's eyes. Exploring all of the new sites and sounds as you look at your child and see the wheels in their heads turning. I am so grateful to be a mother to this little guy, with a little guidance from his daddy, he will be an amazing man. BUT not yet! For now he is still my handsome and stubborn little boy that I will love on everyday.
 

Follow me:

No comments:

Post a Comment