Sunday, March 30, 2014

Nursery Tour part 2

Part 2
 
Part 2 of the nursery begins with my love for that amazing glider! When we had Kilian, we were living in an apartment. The three of us squeezed into one room. We got a small glider and used the spaces we had to make it into a nursery/grown up room. For this nursery, we knew that the chances of it being our last child were very high so we wanted to go all out and do everything we couldn't do in Kilian's nursery. Number one for us was the chair. I have always swooned over the beautiful gliders on my Pinterest boards, so the search began! We wanted to be able to move the chair from room to room after the baby grows out of being rocked. Who wants to spend money on something that is just going to be tossed aside in a year? Not this family. We settled on this one from Babies R Us and had them custom change the fabric and color to fit our room. We are in love. I cannot wait until this little babe is here so I can soak up all the baby goodness in that chair!
 
The side table: With no luck searching for an affordable side table that fit the space, Eric built one. It was great to be able to make the exact size we needed and with some Pinterest inspiration, this table was born. We used 2x2s, 2x4s and the thick paint stir sticks as the top. I painted the top with different shades of the green used in the bookshelf and closet.
 
A few clearance frames I will fill with his first pictures, and a wire paper organizer we have had for forever to house some books were put up for wall decoration. A DIY Ikea bookshelf on the adjacent wall with a K from Hobby Lobby that I painted, more books, and a ceramic deer head we found on clearance at Target a few months back to finish off that corner.
 
 
I am so anxious to meet this little munchkin and can hardly contain my excitement when I go into his nursery. I hope you all are enjoying it as much as we do.
 
 
Also follow me on:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment