Sunday, March 16, 2014

36 weeks and 1 day pregnant


 

this.momma.is.ready.
 
 The last leg, the final countdown, almost there. For those of you who have had a child, you know what I'm talking about. For those of you who have had more than one, you know these words even better. It has been an entirely different pregnancy with my second than it was with my first. With your first pregnancy, if you have the energy, you can still get all cute and dolled up. Truth be told, with your second you are lucky to shower, let alone shower by yourself without a little munchkin barging in on you. And while that little tiny human is the cutest, most amazing thing in the world, sometimes you question for a split second if that shower alone would pull head. Of course, you come to your senses and he or she is more loveable than a shower. My days are full of chasing a toddler around, fixing meals, cleaning up meals and maintaining our household chores. Friday finally arrives, hence Friday, Is That You? and I am blessed to have an amazing husband who goes above and beyond to help. The childless shower is a possibility and I don't get caught in the never ending circle of prepare meal, eat meal, tell toddler not to throw food off the table, clean up toddler, clean meal-aka the floor- only to do it all again a few hours later. Now, I've never been the type of girl who has to have a full face of makeup whenever I leave the house. But, I can't help but laugh to myself with my husband asks me why I'm getting ready to run to the grocery store to get one thing. Honestly, it makes me feel a little more like me. Pregnancy is the most beautiful thing I've experienced but there is a lot of hard things about it to. The weight gain for me is the hardest, I know with all my heart it is a good thing, it's for my baby. But there is something so out of body about it all. So close to the end and I don't look into the mirror and see myself anymore. I see a vessel for a beautiful baby and I could not be more thankful and fortunate I am able to experience it especially when there are people in this world that can not. For those of you struggling to feel like yourself, my advice is to not give into it. Get yourself up, shower, even when you are so exhausted the sound of crashing out sounds so much better than standing in a shower. I promise it will help and you will feel so refreshed. Get ready, do all the things you would do pre-pregnancy, hair, makeup, the whole 9. Even if you are just going to the grocery store. Put on your favorite accessories, your favorite shoes and be you. Enjoy the time because it will pass all to soon and enjoy every kick, hiccup, squirm and know its just a matter of time until your body is yours again.
 
Do something for you today
 
 
 
Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment